Getting Everything Ready
Posted on Tuesday December 23, 2014 at 05:54AM
Well, Christmas is almost here, and I'm probably as excited counting down the days as the wee pajama-clad munchkins are, but for an entirely different reason. You see, January 1st for me marks a new beginning in my life. I'm going for it, and launching Solomon Matthewson Consulting. I consider this the next step in the continuum. I think I have something to offer.
I've had a lot of help learning community development stuff. Aside from work in some of our southeastern communities I most recently started my MBA in Community Economic Development (CED) out of Cape Breton. I'm committed. If all goes well, I'll complete my course work in July 2016. Why Cape Breton University alllll the way in Sydney? They were the only accredited university MBA with the CED designation, and they let me attend as a non-traditional student. Meaning, they accepted my work to date as an equivalent to an undergraduate degree. YAY.
So with business loan in hand, business plan all in place, I just have to get my new office space set up to hit the ground running in early January, I'm ready. Almost.
But first, Christmas. Snow showing and caroling. I know it's not a Christmas Carol, but I think of Louis Armstrong, "What a wonderful world"
Author: Solomon Matthewson Consulting
Comment on our article:
Posts By Date
- YAY Carlyle Fun Daze Committee
- 7 Things Small Towns Do Better
- The Sustainability Project Nominates Ron Paul for Rural Community Leadership Award
- Down the rabbit holes of historical research
- Writing the ARP--a little history
- 10 Things Councils Can Do to Support Sustainability
- When Christmas Came to Our House
- The Number One Reason Why Small Towns Deserve Your Tax Dollars
- Summer "Soul"stice Events a Hit!