Posted on Monday April 09, 2018 at 10:24AM
I decided to make sure everyone knows about the many events that go on in our neck of the woods. However, I adore our local paper, and so will only share those events for which there is an accompanying ad in paper.
I know papers are often going the way of the dodo (Look it up you young whippersnapper....) but our paper serves our community very well, and I'd like to do all I can to support it. They've certainly done all they can to support me, from musician to running a bed and breakfast, to helping to explain the things I do in an upcoming issue.
My hope with getting a lot of these events together on my page is to:
1. Provide an up to date listing of events so that when you are planning your next thing, you can check my calendar and see if there are other things going on that may prove a conflict.
2. Show the rest of the world what really happens in small towns. (There are a lot of things).
3. To promote community development for our region.
If you like it, share it!
Author: Solomon Matthewson Consulting
Comment on our article:
Posts By Date
- YAY Carlyle Fun Daze Committee
- 7 Things Small Towns Do Better
- The Sustainability Project Nominates Ron Paul for Rural Community Leadership Award
- Down the rabbit holes of historical research
- Writing the ARP--a little history
- 10 Things Councils Can Do to Support Sustainability
- When Christmas Came to Our House
- The Number One Reason Why Small Towns Deserve Your Tax Dollars
- Summer "Soul"stice Events a Hit!